As a child, I distinctly keep in mind serving to my mother and Aunt Kim put together one in every of my favourite treats — Cream Cheese Mints. They’re visually satisfying with the right degree of sweetness — every one simply melts in your mouth.
Since I can be utilizing this recipe round Christmas, I’ve chosen to make mine purple and white, like a sweet cane. With completely different meals colours, they are often completed up for nearly any celebration. Specifically, I keep in mind having these at weddings, child showers and birthday events!
The unique cream cheese mints recipe requires cups of powdered and granulated sugar. With a couple of low carb modifications, my new recipe is completely appropriate for a Keto weight loss plan.
For an additional particular dessert, use a sweet mildew together with your favourite shapes. Hearts and bells had been frequent throughout weddings when rising up.
For this recipe, I went the normal route and simply used the tines of a fork to flatten and mark them. If you determine to do this technique, I discover that utilizing a fork dipped in erythritol works nice.
Candy Cane Cream Cheese Mints
My Cream Cheese Mints recipe is the right combination of candy and satisfying — nobody will ever know they’re low carb!
- 16 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- 1½ cups powdered erythritol
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 3-5 drops meals coloring (elective)
With a hand mixer, beat collectively cream cheese and butter in a big mixing bowl till clean.
Gradually add in 1 cup of powdered erythritol and blend till mixed (make sure to reserve ½ cup for later step).
Add peppermint extract and meals coloring. Beat till coloration is evenly distributed.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least one hour. This will assist agency up the mints.
After cooling within the fridge, use a spoon or cookie scoop to type particular person servings. Place them in a bowl with the rest of the powdered erythritol and swirl to coat. This will make them a lot simpler to roll with minimal sticking.
With clear palms, roll the cream cheese to type small balls. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet, about 1-2 inches aside.
When all balls are rolled, take a fork dipped in erythritol and apply a crosshatch design on prime. Use the tines of the fork (jagged edges) to make your design.
Refrigerate till fully cooled.
Serving: 1cream cheese mintCalories: 80kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 1g
Tips for Delicious Cream Cheese Mints
- Make certain that you’re utilizing peppermint extract. I discover that almost all different mint flavorings style somewhat an excessive amount of like toothpaste.
- Want to make it straightforward? Do the whole lot in a meals processor.
- Don’t have powdered sweetener? Blitz the granular model in your meals processor or blender. It mimics the feel of powdered sugar.
- When you add the powdered sugar alternative to the cream cheese & butter combination, do it progressively. If you add it , it’s possible you’ll be left with a kitchen lined in a layer of erythrtiol.
- Another sweetener can be utilized, however the cooling impact of the erythritol works extraordinarily properly when paired with the peppermint extract.
- When cooling these within the fridge, a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or waxed paper works nice!
- Planning on utilizing sweet molds? Instead of small balls, it’s possible you’ll have to roll them at a distinct dimension. Make certain you may have sufficient combination to fill them.
- Keep the carb rely low through the use of sure manufacturers of cream cheese. They can fluctuate from 0g to 2g carbs per serving. I often go along with the Philadelphia brand based mostly on the flavour and 1g carb rely.
- Make certain you may have sufficient room in your fridge to chill — particularly if you happen to’re doing an enormous batch on sheet pans.
- Have you peeped the vitamin data? These are nice as a fats bomb!
When all is claimed and completed, what’s extra spectacular than selfmade mints? No one has to understand how easy it was!
What’s your favourite Keto dessert? Comment beneath!