I got here up with this as a pleasant aspect for some nicely-seasoned, sous vide steak. The taste of the browned butter right here is superb, however watch out to not overdo it! When cooking browned butter you at all times wish to go for a shade or two lighter than desired, as a result of the residual warmth hanging round will proceed to prepare dinner your butter for fairly a bit after you pull it off the burner. Browned butter is superior. Burned butter just isn’t, so be vigilant!
Notes: I’ve been engaged on a bit contemporary herb container backyard in my yard, so I grabbed some contemporary sage and thyme and threw them into my skillet. Feel free to make use of no matter herbs you like, in addition to frozen inexperienced beans, if desired. I did mine contemporary, however frozen would completely work simply high-quality.
- 2 lb (32 oz/ 907 g) inexperienced beans,trimmed and cooked to only tender (frozen is ok)
- 1 oz (28 g) bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 2 tbsp (1 fl oz/ 30 ml) bacon drippings, or different fats as desired
- 1 1/2 oz (43 g) onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 stick (2 oz/ 57 g) butter, unsalted
- 2 oz (57 g) uncooked pecans, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tsp sea salt, or Seasoned Salt, to style
- 1/2-1 tbsp contemporary herbs of alternative, chopped (I used thyme and sage)
- 1 tbsp. (1/2 fl oz/ 15 ml) lemon juice
- Cook the inexperienced beans, as desired till simply tender and put aside.
- In a big skillet, warmth the bacon drippings over medium.
- Add the onion to the skillet and sauté till simply starting to show golden brown.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and proceed cooking for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, till the garlic is aromatic.
- Scrape all the new bacon fats, onion, and garlic out of the skillet right into a small bowl and put aside.
- In the identical skillet on medium warmth, add the butter.
- Cook the butter, stirring ceaselessly, till it simply begins to show golden brown and aromatic (it should scent toasty). DO NOT prepare dinner it till it’s very brown.
- Add the pecans to the browning butter within the skillet to toast, stirring continuously.
- Once the pecans are aromatic, throw within the contemporary herbs and prepare dinner one other 30 seconds.
- Stir within the reserved beans, onion and garlic, bacon, and lemon juice to warmth by way of.
- Season with salt or Seasoned Salt, to style, and serve instantly.
The herbs I selected for this dish had been contemporary thyme and sage from my backyard. I used entire thyme leaves, however I sliced the sage into a skinny julienne by stacking the leaves, then rolling it, cigar-type, and slicing thinly throughout the roll. When chopping herbs, be light! Use a really sharp knife and let it do all of the work. If you’re overly aggressive and bruise them, you’ll depart plenty of herby taste in your reducing board.
Per serving: 146.2 cal, 3.3 g protein, 12.3 g fats, 8 g carbs, 3.1 g fiber, 4.9 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: 1/10 recipe
Keywords: Browned Butter, Green Beans, Bacon, Side Dishes, Vegetables