Cobbler is a dessert that holds a particular place in my coronary heart. My favourite cobbler rising up was peach. But, as an grownup, I found an actual love for blackberries, and so my favourite cobbler fruit shifted away from peaches and firmly to blackberries.
This recipe is an precise cobbler. Now, once I say that, what I imply is that it’s a fruit and batter mixture. I do know there are some people on the market that assume fruit and crumbly stuff is cobbler, however that’s truly a crumble. Crumbles are nice, however they’re not interchangeable with cobbler, and I’m undoubtedly a purist in the case of my cobblers.
Growing up, my household recipe was tremendous easy: macerated fruit on the underside, with a easy batter of flour, sugar, and milk. Maybe some butter drizzled on high, and baked till golden. This recipe is an adaptation, though I essentially used a number of extra substances to try to give it the type of mild, however barely gooey texture and to cowl for the nut style that’s eternally current within the almond flour. I’ve now made this a number of occasions for my household, and I’m not kidding you once I say it solely lasts a full 24-hours as a result of I insist they cease consuming it.
Notes: Because of the carb rely on berries, this recipe instantly begins out with a great little bit of carbohydrate. I attempted to mitigate this a bit for our whole carb counters (together with me!) by going very straightforward on the sweetener. If you want your cobbler or berries a lot sweeter, be at liberty so as to add sweetener, to style. I topped mine with some delicate whipped heavy cream, however you may go old fashioned and throw on a scoop of your favourite keto-pleasant vanilla ice cream in your piece whereas it’s nonetheless slightly heat.
- 9 oz (255 g) blackberries, contemporary or frozen (and defrosted)
- 1 1/4 oz (35 g) Swerve granulated (or equal), divided
- 1 packet (approx. 1/4 oz/ 7 g) plain gelatin powder, divided (Knox model is ok)
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice, as desired
- 2 oz (57 g) nice almond flour (I take advantage of King Arthur model)
- 1/3 oz (10 g) coconut flour
- 1 scoop (approx. 1/3 oz/ 10 g) plain powdered collagen peptides
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 giant eggs
- 5-10 drops vanilla liquid stevia, to style
- splash vanilla extract
- 1/3 c (approx. 2.68 fl oz/ 79 ml ) boxed coconut milk (the skinny stuff)
- 1/3 c (approx. 5 1/2 tbsp./ 2.75 oz/ 78 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp floor cinnamon, if desired
- In a mixing bowl, measure out your sweetener.
- In one other small bowl, sprinkle the berries with 1/2 the gelatin, lemon juice (if desired) and 1 tbsp of the sweetener, and mix. Let stand.
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F, and grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, remaining gelatin, collagen peptides, salt, and baking powder to the bowl with the remaining sweetener and whisk to mix.
- Measure out the coconut milk, then crack eggs into it. Add vanilla and liquid stevia to the milk and eggs, then beat with a fork to mix.
- Pour the milk and egg combination into the dry substances and whisk collectively till easy.
- Pour the batter into the ready dish, then drop the blackberries on high evenly. They ought to sink into the batter a bit.
- Drizzle the butter evenly excessive.
- Bake at 350 levels F for 40-45 minutes, or till high is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear. Sprinkle the highest evenly with cinnamon, if desired.
- Let stand to chill, then slice into 8 items and serve.
If you employ free gelatin from a canister, it’s about 7 g whole. You don’t must be tremendous exact while you divide that into the 2 elements of the cobbler, so long as it’s fairly shut.
Per serving: 176.3 cal, 5.6 g protein, 14.6 g fats, 11.9 g carbs, 2.7 g fiber, 4.6 g sugar alcohol, 4.6 g NET carbs
Keywords: Blackberry, Blackberry Cobbler, Cobbler, Dessert, Fruit